For parents who have children with spinal cord injuries, their unique experience is often under-represented. To help these parents afford the expensive costs that undoubtedly come with having a child with paralysis, we put together a list that identifies the best grants for kids with spinal cord injuries.
These grants are divided into three sections: Sports Equipment, Van Modifications and Medical Supplies. If there are any grants we should add to this list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Racing Chair Grants:
– IM ABLE Grants (for racing chairs and geared towards people in mid-Atlantic area)
– Variety the Children’s Charity Freedom Grant (will also pay for DME and van mods)
– Magic Mobility (will buy families w/ disabled child a van)
– The Travis Roy Foundation Quality of Life Grant Program and Grant Application (will pay for lift, but not the van. Max is $5k)
– Assistive Technology (AT) Loan Program provides affordable loans of $500 to $30,000 to residents of New Jersey and New York (can be used for van modifications)
– Wheelchairs 4 Kids (will pay for vehicle modifications)