Below you’ll find the 9 official entries for our #LifeAfterSCI Photo Contest! To vote, please submit a comment below mentioning the number of your favorite photo. You can also vote by leaving a comment in the FB post for the contest here. Voting lasts until Thursday, June 22nd at 6pm EST, and the winner will be announced Friday, June 23rd and 2:00pm EST.
1. Brian Smith, C5-6 quadriplegic, 5 years post-injury, posing with Jack Daniels spokesmodels.
2. Danny Wheels, C4 incomplete quadriplegic, 12 years post-injury, on his adaptive motorcycle.
3. Jacki Kennebrew, a paraplegic, at her Tai Chi/Kung Fu class.
4. Jessica Heinz, a C5 quadriplegic, at the Christmas lights at the Botanical Gardens.
5. Jim Beilfuss II, incomplete SCI, swimming with whale sharks at GA Aquarium.
6. Michael Mixer, a L1 spinal cord injury, flying his Paramotor 500′ above the ground in Quincy, Illinois.
7. Ryan Gibson, C7 Injury, less than two years post, going water skiing again.
8. Stewart Midwinter, C4 quadriplegic, 5 years post-injury, riding his outrider Horizon electric trike (it goes 40 km an hour!).
9. Uttamkumar Isurdeen, paraplegic, 7 years post-injury, posing with his wife Kumawattie. “We’re still and continue our beautiful life despite my accident.”